Wasabi Ball Transfer Appliance
Fast, Easy and Economical Bulk Transfer Appliance
The first step on the journey to the cloud often includes transferring large amounts of data from on-premises storage. This is often referred to as “cloud seeding”. Seeding large amounts of data to the cloud over Internet connections can be a time consuming process. Uploading a hundred terabytes of data can take weeks, or even months. Organizations that face connectivity limitations often delay their cloud migration because they have neither the time to make the initial “cloud seed” nor the financial ability to increase network bandwidth speed.
The Wasabi Ball Transfer Appliance is a data transport solution that uses secure appliances to transfer large amounts of data into the Wasabi cloud. The Wasabi Ball lets organizations cloud seed large datasets to Wasabi quickly, conveniently and cost-effectively. The Wasabi Ball Transfer Appliance is ideal for organizations that don’t have sufficient network connection speeds to transfer large amounts of storage over the Internet or private network connections or organizations looking to empty their data center assets in order to close local data center storage. Closing local data storage is cost-effective and can be accomplished by rotating Wasabi Ball’s to the data center and back to Wasabi.
Simple to Use and Securely Moved
The Wasabi Ball Transfer Appliance is powered by industryleading Netgear NAS performance and is capable of securely holding up to 100 TB of data. The Wasabi Ball is delivered with multiple 1 GbE and 10 GbE interfaces along with an S3 server and an NFS server. The user has the ability to choose one method over the other for uploading their data. In addition, the appliance comes with AES 256-bit volume-based encryption, ultimately making these devices easy to use, fast to upload and secure to ship. The Wasabi Ball works with or without the internet, does not require a dedicated IT operator, and can be used in remote environments.
Beginning the Transfer Process
To migrate data with the Wasabi Ball, organizations request the rental of the Wasabi Ball Transfer Appliance. The appliance is then delivered, data is transferred to the appliance, and the Wasabi Ball is then sent back to Wasabi. Wasabi will ingest the data from the appliance directly into the customer’s Wasabi storage bucket, notify the customers once the upload is complete and securely erase the device.
What is The Wasabi Ball
Migrating to the industry’s most affordable and highest-performing cloud storage service just got a whole lot easier. The Wasabi Ball Transfer Appliance lets you move large datasets to Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage quickly, conveniently and cost-effectively. The Wasabi Ball Transfer Appliance is ideal for customers that don’t have sufficient network connection speeds to transfer large amounts of storage over the Internet or private network connections.
Powered by Netgear, a leading vendor of network-attached storage platforms, the Wasabi Ball addresses common challenges associated with large-scale data transfers by eliminating the high network costs and long transfer times often associated with moving large data amounts over the Internet.
- Plug-and-play simplicity
- 100 TB capacity per appliance
- Overcome low speed internet connections
Disruptive Cost Savings
- Achieve cost saving sooner
- Minimize operational expenses
- Eliminate additional network costs
Trusted Data Security
- AES 256-bit encryption
- Encrypt data prior to transferring
- Wasabi can also activate volume-based encryption
Wasabi Ball Transfer Appliance Saves Time, Money and Effort
- Move large datasets to Wasabi with plug-and-play simplicity
- Accelerate time-to-value
- Avoid internet transfer delays, hassles and costs
- Ensure data security and chain-of-custody throughout the process
- Up to 100 TB storage capacity per appliance
- Multiple 1 GbE & 10 GbE LAN interfaces supporting DHCP, static, and VLAN IP configurations
- Standard file system interfaces (NFS, CIFS, SMB, FTP, HTTPS)
- Object storage interface (S3) for S3-capable premises platforms
- AES 256-bit encryption
- Built-in client interface
- Industry-leading Netgear NAS performance
Migrate to Wasabi in 3 Simple Steps
Order the Wasabi Ball Transfer appliance
Connect the Wasabi Ball Transfer Appliance to your local network and load it up using our simple interface. Your data is encrypted automatically.
Return the Wasabi Ball Transfer Appliance to Wasabi.
When we receive the Wasabi Ball Transfer Appliance, we’ll upload your data to your Wasabi storage bucket(s), notify you and securely erase the device.
Technical Prerequisites & Restrictions
- Customers are solely responsible for encrypting their data prior to transferring to the appliance or requesting Wasabi to turn on volume-based encryption on the appliance.
- Files larger than 5 TB in size should not be transferred to the Wasabi Ball as 5 TB is the largest file size that is supported by the S3 protocol
- Filenames with UTF-8 special characters may have to be renamed before being transferred as they are not supported by Wasabi